Come to the Public Meeting
The SMTC and NYSDOT will host a public meeting for The I-81 Challenge on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Drop in any time that is convenient for you!
Oncenter Ballroom (lower level)
800 South State St.
Click here for directions to the Oncenter. Attendees will be offered either free (validated) parking in the Oncenter garage or lot, or two single-use transit passes at the meeting.
At this meeting, you will be able to:
- Review materials and public feedback from the previous public meetings
- View conceptual drawings of strategies
- Review initial traffic analysis and cost ranges for these strategies
- Learn which strategies will progress to the next phase of analysis and provide your thoughts
- Learn about the next steps and how the public will be involved going forward
Our project team will be there to talk with you and hear your thoughts.
If you're planning to attend the meeting, you can informally RSVP through the Facebook event page. The event page also makes it easy for you to let friends, family or co-workers know about the meeting.
Can’t make the meeting in person? Click here to participate online through our virtual meeting starting May 21 through June 11, 2013.
- The history of I-81
- Our current transportation system
- How traffic operates
- The transportation-land use relationship
- Case studies of urban freeways from other cities
- Visions for the future of I-81
- Development of goals and objectives
- See what others had to say about the future of I-81
Need special accommodations? The meeting facility is accessible to people with disabilities. To request special accommodations, please contact the SMTC at 315-422-5716 or contactus@theI81challenge.org.
Need language assistance? American Sign Language and Spanish interpreters will be available at the meeting. For other accommodations or for more information, please contact the SMTC at 315-422-5716 or contactus@theI81challenge.org.
¿Habla usted español? Usted tendrá intérpretes disponibles en español en la reunión. Para más ayuda por favor llame al 315-944-2014 (debe marcar el código de área).
Quý vị có nói tiếng Việt không? Thông dịch viên nói tiếng Việt sẽ sẵn sàng theo yêu cầu. Xin vui lòng gọi số (315) 944-2014 (quý vị phải quay số khu vực) và để lại lời nhắn yêu cầu xin thông dịch viên. Xin bao gồm cả tên và số điện thoại quý vị. Các yêu cầu xin thông dịch viên phải được nhận trước ngày 14 Tháng Năm, 2013.